Saturday, January 21, 2017

Oh, my stomach...

What did I eat? My belly hurts...

I've been feeling bad for a few days. I don't remember what I ate, but it bit me back. I had to go outside - and then I had to go again. And again. I got a good cleaning out but it was not a pleasant experience. Every time I'd get a drink, I'd have to go outside. So I stopped drinking and Mom went crazy. 

She started to talk about taking me to the vet. I do not like the vet. He sticks me with sharp needles. Mom gave me ice cubes and that was okay. So when Dad offered me a little Gatorade, I slurped it down. For future reference, it wasn't bad. It made me want to drink more. Can a dog get addicted to Gatorade?

I'm being very careful this morning. I drank a little bit and ate a Meaty Bone biscuit, but I'm not quite ready for a big meal. Maybe Dad will make me toast again. I liked that. I want to play ball, too, and Mom said no. She said I have to eat a meal first. Mom's tough, but she loves me. 

She got some of her homemade chicken broth out of the freezer and mixed it with water. I drank the whole bowl! She says if that "sits" well, in about an hour she'll put some over a little bit of my puppy chow and see what happens. 

Whatever I ate, and Mom says we'll never know because it was more than likely something outside on the ground, I hope this never happens again. 

I don't like to feel sick. 


No comments:

Post a Comment