Saturday, April 29, 2017

Maybe it should storm every night

It's been a really busy month. I've been doing all sorts of dog stuff - playing Frisbee, chasing my ball,
going for walks, barking at deer and stuff. Cousin Dave even brought Bella to meet me! I knew she was up on the hill - we talk back and forth a little bit - but that was the first time we met nose-to-nose. She's smaller than me, and her fur is longer, and she's pretty. Mom says I need to look in a mirror because I'm rather handsome myself. 

I didn't sleep too well last night. I heard Mom and Dad say we might get a thunderstorm. I wasn't sure what that was, but I know now. We were a snuggled down in bed - me, Mom and Dad - and all at once there was a bright light and a bang and the whole house shook! 

Well, right away I jumped up and barked. My job is to protect Mom and Dad at night. Mom woke up and told me to come lie down beside her on her pillow, that it was only a storm. I trust Mom and if she's not worried, I'm not worried. I put my head on the pillow and rolled onto my back so Mom could rub my belly. I love it when she does that! 

She whispered to me about the storm, how I was a really good boy to ignore it. I think she whispered so Dad wouldn't wake up but it tickled my ear. 

Maybe it would be okay if we got a storm every night. It would give me a reason to cuddle with Mom. I mean, I'm all grown up now. I'm the big dog on the mountain. Cuddling is for pups, right? 

Maybe it's okay during a storm and Mom is awake. After all, she needs me to keep her safe. 




No comments:

Post a Comment