Saturday, July 8, 2017

A Saturday Morning Stroll

It's been raining for days and days and days and days. Rain is sooooo boring! I've been stuck inside except for really short trips to do my "outside" activities and few rounds of Frisbee and ball between showers. Did I mention I've been bored? 

Anyway, it was cloudy this morning. Mom said it wasn't going to rain and we were going for a long walk so I could burn off some energy. (I think she was antsy, too, but don't tell her that.)

Mom has a special little purse she takes on our walks. It carries her cell phone and treats for me. She got it ready, sprayed on some bug repellant, and off we went. 

First off, we saw cousin Dave out in his yard checking to see if the grass was dry enough to mow. We said hello and moved on. Then I jumped into the creek above the dam cousin Chris built. The water is really deep now! After my swim, me and Mom went into the woods. We went a bit farther than we usually do and it paid off. We saw a spotted fawn! 

I wanted to run up to it and sniff it all over but Mom said no. She said it was so little I'd scare it so I listened to her. She tried to take a photo but it ran away before she could. She said it was okay because she already had a baby photo in the file she could use for my blog. It was pretty cool to see a newborn fawn. I'll try to remember I shouldn't chase the babies. 

When we got home, Dad wanted to go to Lowe's so we all jumped in his pickup and went. It didn't take us long because Dad knew exactly what he wanted. 

I was really tired after that. I stretched out under Mom's desk and took a nap while she worked and Dad mowed the grass. Maybe we can go for a long walk again tomorrow. That would be great because I might get to see the fawn again. 





No comments:

Post a Comment