Sunday, September 24, 2017

The big, bad kitchen floor

Mom's not happy and when Mom isn't happy, ain't no puppy happy. 

I don't know why, or maybe I can't remember why, but I'm afraid to walk across the kitchen floor. It doesn't make any sense. I used to run through the kitchen all the time. Now it scares me. 

Mom is trying to be patient with me, but she knows there's no reason in the world for me to be afraid. It's only the floor. We all walk on the floor.  Heck, I sleep on the floor. The floor doesn't move or anything. It just lies there. 

I wish I knew why I got frightened. I'm Deuce. I'm a big guy, not a baby. So why am I behaving like a little scared puppy? It's sort of embarrassing. 

Mom's being patient with me and helping me work through it. She puts her hand on my shoulders and tells me it's okay. Once I take the first two steps into the kitchen, I'm better. I can do it.

But you know what's really confusing? Sometimes I forget I'm scared and trot right through! 

No wonder Mom told me I'm behaving like an idiot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment