Thursday, November 16, 2017

Can I say "I told you so?"

Yesterday was pretty interesting and not in a good way, at least at first. 

I have a really big yard to patrol. I take this job very seriously. Mom and Dad depend on me to let them know when deer are in the yard, and to keep an eye on Dad when he's outside. 

Well, he went outside WITHOUT me, so how was I supposed to accomplish that?

It's autumn and that means lots and lots and lots of leaves are everywhere! I like leaves! Leaves are cool! They fly around when I run through them! I love the crunchy sound! But too many leaves can smother the grass so Dad rides the mower around to chop them up. 

Yesterday, Dad went out to do some chopping and he left me inside. I did not like this and I liked it even less when the mower stopped running and Dad was stranded out in the middle of the yard. I could have been there for him! I could have kept him company until help arrived! 

When the mower wouldn't start, he called Mom. Mom said she tried to call a few of the cousins but no one was home so she left her job and came home to help Dad. She got me to come outside, too, which was the right thing for her to do. I needed to keep an eye on them! 

Once Mom got Dad back in his power chair and the mower rolled back in the shed, she told Dad he needed to take us to Sonic for dinner because she needed to go to the grocery store and hadn't stopped. Mom confessed she was out of dog food!

What gives here?? Okay, I know Dad needed help, but he left me inside the house. Mom really should have stopped at the store on her way home. Dad could have lasted another ten minutes. It wasn't that cold!

And why was she out of dog food? I might starve! I'm a Lab and we really like our dinner. 

But it all worked out. Dad was safe. Mom got to go to the store and got not only my dog food (and a new kind of treat), she got a turkey. And the best part is we all went to Sonic and we each had a hamburger! Mine was plain. Theirs were loaded with stuff like pickles and lettuce that I don't like. 

Dad, next time you go outside, you'd better take me with you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment