Tuesday, January 9, 2018

I hurt my paw

I hurt my right front paw. I don't know how I did it. I don't remember doing it. Mom dragged me to the vet so I really wish I hadn't done it.

It started on Sunday. I heard Mom ask Dad if he'd noticed me limping. He said maybe and that was all it took. Mom turned into a hover-hawk-Mom. Every time I walked she watched me. She even took me outside for no reason except to watch me walk.

Yesterday, that was Monday, my paw hurt a little worse when Mom took me outside first thing in the morning so I could do my outside activity stuff. Then she told Dad which meant Dad took me outside during the day but he wouldn't play ball. He didn't want me to do any running. Then before Mom and I went to bed, they ganged up on me.

They tricked me into getting on the bed and rolling over. Then Dad held the flashlight while Mom examined my paw. She told Dad she saw a red bump that looked like a pimple. (What the hell is a pimple?) She told Dad if I wasn't better in a day or two, she'd call the vet.

Mom lied. She called the vet this morning!

It seems she didn't like the way I limped this morning, or that I held my front paw up when I tinkled. (She laughed at me when I did that. Don't let her say she didn't.) Then they double-teamed me on the bed again. Mom had my paw and hit a spot that really hurt and I sorta almost snapped at her it hurt so bad.

I was really ashamed I did that. Mom fussed me just a little bit because she had to but then she stroked my face and told me it was okay. She understood it had hurt.

And then she called the vet.  She even left work early to come get me and Dad. 

The vet was really nice to me. I could tell he didn't mean to hurt me but he did. He took a real sharp needle and jabbed the pimple. I hate needles! Then he squeezed my paw some more and I did not like that at all, but my paw felt a little better after he did that. Mom said there was nasty stuff in there I don't want to know about. 

Now Mom has pills to give me every day for five days which means cheese. I love cheese! Maybe I'll allow her to soak my foot in Epsom salt like the vet said and maybe I won't. We'll have to see about that. 

I'll have to be more careful outside. This could have been a lot worse than the vet sticking me. Dad said my paw might have fallen off! I think he's pulling my tail. 

Isn't he?




No comments:

Post a Comment