Friday, March 2, 2018

Blue bunnies

Mom got me a little blue bunny yesterday. She was at the dollar store. She saw it and knew right away I'd love, love, love it. It's not very big, but it is blue. I like blue. I can see blue although maybe not the same way Mom sees it. 

Dad was sure I'd rip the stuffing right out of the bunny but I fooled him. I haven't had a stuffed animal since I was a little guy and that's what I used to do. I'm all grown up now.

I think this was a test. I overheard Mom tell Dad a "kitty-kitty" would be bigger. (I hear EVERYTHING.) That got me pretty excited. I remember the cat we had when I was just a pup. When Mom says "kitty-kitty" I know exactly what she's talking about. 

Mom thinks because I didn't rip the stuffing out of the bunny right away, I might be mature enough for us to get a kitten. 

She might be right. Until then, I'll just carry the bunny around with me. It's good practice in case the kitten will let me carry him. 

Mom says I shouldn't get my hopes up for that to happen.


***UPDATE from Mom
The bunny met its demise March 4th. It had a very cherished life up until the end. 



No comments:

Post a Comment