Friday, June 5, 2020

That thing is ugly

Our pack lives in the country and that means we have a lot of critters around. We have deer, foxes - I don't like foxes. They pee in my yard and I'm not happy about that. Plus, they have a weird bark that wakes me up at night. Someone said there's even been a bear spotted around here but I've not seen him.

We have squirrels, chipmunks, raccoons, opossums, all sorts of birds including wild turkeys, snakes, frogs, fish, salamanders, and we have toads. 

Toads. Toads are sort of ugly and they sing. At least singing is what Mom calls it. I call it noise. 

Last night, when Mom and I went out for my last trip before bedtime, there was a huge toad on my patio. I did not like this. Where was Loki? Loki likes to chase little critters off the patio. He was falling down on the job. 

So today, the toad was in the flower bed beside the patio and it was making a warbling, high pitched noise. It wasn't singing, it was making noise. 

And all Mom did was smile. 

No, Mom. We really don't want to keep the toad. Let it go....






No comments:

Post a Comment