Sunday, July 19, 2020

It was hot today - I got a patio bath, and Bambi was in my front yard

July 18, 2020

Oh, my paws it was hot today! I thought I might melt when we went outside this morning. Mom and Dad wanted to put the pallet forks on the John Deere 1023 and I went along to watch. Thank heavens they worked in the shade, and that they didn't work for long. I don't think we were out more than about an hour.

Mom said it was 95F. That's hot! I plopped down over the air conditioning vent. The cold air felt soooo good on my belly, at least at first. I had to move because, um, well, pinky started to get a bit chilly. Next time I need to make sure he's not over the register. 

I was panting so Mom filled a big bucket with lukewarm water and took me out on the patio for a quick shampoo. It felt sooooo good to be wet! Mom made sure the water got all the way to my skin. It felt so good I stood really still when she rinsed me out. Oh, my! If it's hot tomorrow, maybe she'll get me wet again. And the bonus was I shed and shed and shed! Mom brushes me but this was like a big-time shed! Now I'm cool and fluffy. Mom and Dad know just what to do to make me feel really good. 

We stayed inside all afternoon after my patio bath. After dinner, Mom looked out the window and saw the doe with the two Bambis in the front yard. She didn't tell me they were there until after they were gone. Seriously, Mom? I know I'm not supposed to chase a Bambi. Heck, I'm bigger than they are! It wouldn't be fair for me to scare them like that. 

What Mom did do was take a video of them walking into the woods and over the stone fence on their way down to the creek to drink water. The video is uploading as we work on this blog. I hope it finishes soon or today might become tomorrow and that might get confusing because Mom and I wrote this blog today. See what I mean? 

Today DID turn into tomorrow before Mom could upload the video! 







No comments:

Post a Comment