Friday, August 21, 2020

How can you resist this face?

It's really good to be me. I'm a lucky dog. Mom and Dad feed me, play with me, take me on walks, take me along for rides in the big truck, and they let me sleep on the bed. Not every pup has it so good. One of the things Mom does for me is to fill my hex toy with dog chow. 

Now, that may not seem like much but it is to me. I don't have thumbs so I can't do it for myself. Mom knows that if I give her the hex, I'm feeling sort of nibbly. 

The hex holds about a cup of chow and Mom keeps track of how many cups I get in one day. If we go for a long walk, I get a little extra. If we don't do much of anything, I might get a little less and then need a snack. 

Once my hex is filled, I can roll it around so a few pieces fall out. If I'm just feeling snacky, I might play with the hex for a long time before every piece of chow falls out. Sometimes I eat a few pieces and realize I'm hungry and that's when I roll it around fast. 

That was me the other night. I thought I was feeling nibbly so I gave the hex to Mom. She finished reading her chapter (I didn't like that because I wanted her to fill my hex NOW) and then did what I asked her so politely to do. I had the first couple bites and then I wolfed it all down. When I gave the hex to Mom a second time, she took my picture. 

And you know what? It worked! She filled it again!

Seriously, though. Who can resist this face? 





No comments:

Post a Comment