Sunday, August 25, 2024

This is NOT cute!

So you think Loki taking a snooze on the counters on the patio is cute? Let me explain something to you. YOU are not a champion-bred Labrador Retriever whose great-great-grandfather got the highest score ever in field trials! Loki is not cute - he's a pain in my tail! 

Do you see that paw hanging over the edge of the counter? He swats at me with that paw! I do not like this! 

I don't know why Mom puts up with him. Okay, so he catches mice before they get inside the house. That's his job. My job is to keep Mom company and I can't do that if I always have to be on the alert to what Loki may do next. It's exhausting! 

It has been a quiet month, though. Mom and I haven't done too much because of how hot it's been. We go water what plants are left in the garden, but until yesterday, we didn't spend much time on the patio. We miss our patio time. We used to have patio time almost every day with Dad. I think Mom remembers that and gets too sad. I get sad, too, but dogs are smarter about such things. 

I don't mind Loki when he behaves. That's almost never...


Deuce's Day, black Labrador Retriever, country living, cats and dogs, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce, rural, good dogs, black Lab, Tuxedo cats, bad behavior, summertime

No comments:

Post a Comment