Sunday, October 6, 2024

Boys will be boys


Mom always says she likes boy dogs the best. This is a good thing for me because I'm a boy dog! But yesterday, I pushed it a wee bit far and I paid for it. 

We went out to work in the yard. Mom wanted to see if she could do some tractor work (still too wet) and I went to protect her from squirrels. 

I made a mistake and ran through the clay muck that came up out of the well drill hole. It was nasty. It clung to my fur and made my paws filthy. I showed Mom and she shook her head and told me no way was I going to be allowed back into the den...er...house without having my paws scrubbed. 

For once, I agreed! 

I was a good dog and stood still while Mom washed me with Dawn and then rinsed my feet really well with the hose. After I dried for a few minutes, I went inside and stayed out of trouble until Cousin Dave and Sadie walked up to see if we had anything exciting going on. 

But I stayed out of the mud! I'm Deuce and I don't like mud on my paws! 


Deuce's Day, black Labrador Retriever, rural living, country lifestyle, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce, a writer's life, squirrels, dirty paws, Dawn dish detergent, family, good dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment