Sunday, June 27, 2021

Where did it go?

June 26, 2021 - reservoir demolished

Mom and I took a walk yesterday - finally! It's been like FOREVER since I got to go on a walk. Maybe not forever, but since those nasty big bugs crawled out of the ground. What a racket!! Anyway, the cicadas are about gone and Mom says it'll be a long time before we hear more than just one or two singing. She says it'll be so long until they come back I shouldn't worry about it. 

It was mid-morning before we headed out so it was getting warm. I was excited because I really like to splash around at the old reservoir... um, that was a surprise. We turned the corner and the big cinder block building was gone! The old cistern was gone! I stopped to take a good look but Mom kept right on walking like it was no big deal. 

She forgot to tell me about this. I know she did. She doesn't tell me things because I'm a little person with four paws and fur, and she doesn't think I'll understand. DOG, Mom. Not stupid. 

Anyway, it was one of my landmarks and it's gone. That means I'll have to up my pee-game in that area. It's good to leave a trail to find one's way back home. 

The creek is still there and I was soooo glad! I was already hot and it felt soooo good to get my paws wet and then hop down into the little pool I like and get my belly wet, too. Mom even got her feet wet this time. I don't see that happen often. 

Mom was a little sad to see the old springhouse and cistern demolished. The reservoir had been there all her life, even back when she was my age. But things change. It wasn't being maintained and someone could have gotten hurt if they went inside the springhouse and fell through to the cistern. 

There's still a pipe there where hikers observant enough to spot it can get a drink of really cold pure spring water. Getting a drink of spring water fresh from the source is a simple country pleasure we get to enjoy all the time. 

I hope we go for a walk again today. I'm waiting like the good dog I am and trying to send Mom a telepathic message. I'm staring at her but I'm not sure I'm getting through. Hey, Mom! Wind up this blog so we can get going. 

She heard me!

I'm Deuce and I have a superpower!




No comments:

Post a Comment