Friday, August 20, 2021

Sometimes, it's just life


I have a really good life, even for a dog. Mom says the world revolves around me. I thought it revolved around the sun, but who am I to correct Mom? If she thinks it's all about me, I'll let her since it makes her happy. 

We've been busy the last few weeks. It's been life as usual, and that's okay. Dad's been using the Brush Crusher to clean up the woods, and Mom's been preserving food I don't like. Pickles? Ickky-poo! Peaches? Yuk! It's a good thing there are snackies in my jar. 

This summer has been the opposite of last year. Last year was cooler than normal and this year it's hotter. Dad has made sure I get to hop in the creek every day because when it's this hot, going for long walks doesn't leave us feeling real energetic. 

Mom's been home for the last eight days. Someone at the day job she wants to leave came down with the Covid-19 virus everyone is talking about. Mom wasn't anywhere near them, but she won't go back into the building until it's been sanitized. Actually, she told me she might not go back at all, that the people who got sick are something called 'anti-vaxxers' and Mom's afraid she'll snicker at them and she knows that won't be very kind. I like it when Mom works from home. I get more snackies. 

I've been on a lot of rides lately, too. This is a good thing. Dad and I like to ride along with Mom when she's running a quick errand. We stay in the car with the air conditioning running. Mom knows it's a waste of gasoline, but she thinks it's more important that Dad and I get out of the house from time to time. 

Another thing that's been going on is target practice. Dad's guns are loud! My parents wear ear protection but there's none for me so I have to stay inside all by my lonesome. I don't like this, but it is better for my hearing to stay safe. 

Sadie ran away from Cousin Dave one day and he had to come get her. Mom didn't mind she came up, but I don't think Cousin Dave was too happy. You know what? I've never run away from home like that. If you leave home, you might not get snackies and that would be a bad thing.

Someone named Fred brought a lot of rain with him up from the Gulf of Mexico the last couple of days. I don't know Fred. He didn't stop here, but Mom and Dad seem to think it's okay his trail passed over us. Maybe now that's it's rained, the heat will dissipate and Mom and I can get back to our walks. 

That's about it for now. It's a good life, but sometimes it gets boring. 



No comments:

Post a Comment