Saturday, August 28, 2021

I must have incurred karma somewhere


Saturday! Yea! Mom said we were going for a long walk and I was there, baby! 

I got a little antsy at first. Mom said we were going and then she sat down at the computer. What was up with that? Thank goodness she wasn't there long. I would have had a spasm or something!

It was really misty outside and Mom thought it was really cool. I didn't care. We were going for a walk! 

Mom said we were going the long loop so down the road we went, not up the hill to the old reservoir. And then things got weird. We turned back on the old homestead lane and it was all different. Like really different. So that's what all the noises I've been hearing have been about! The people who own the lane have smoothed it out and put down a really firm gravel base. It's a lot easier to walk on now and I don't need to be careful and watch for broken glass. That's all good. Mom says that since they're almost finished, we can walk back there more often again.

So we were checking it all out and went up to the one stream. It dries up a bit in August and sure enough, no water. We turned around to get back to the trail and that's when Karma kicked my black ass. 

There stood Sadie. 

In the middle of my walk - in the middle of MY woods. There she was. Cousin Dave and Cousin Sharon were with her, but I was so piqued I didn't talk to them. When Mom said we could walk together, I wanted to howl. What if she came home with us again? We babysat her once and that did not make me very happy.

I don't know what I did. I've been good. I don't pee in the den. I don't even growl at the UPS guy or the mail lady these days. Yes, I chased Bambi a few times but I didn't hurt her. I don't think I deserved this dash of Karma. 

But maybe it was just a fluke. We got to a cross trail and Sadie went that way and Mom and I finished our normal route. Whew! I was sooooo relieved! 

Mom says I need to get over it, that Sadie is a nice girl and once she's older she'll be fine. I sure hope Mom is right because the occasional play date might be fun. Once she learns not to jump in my face, of course. 

It was great to get out and then get home before it got too hot. Mom says we're probably staying inside for a couple of hours since we got so overheated this morning. That sounds like a good idea to me. I need a nap and to rest my tired paws! 



No comments:

Post a Comment