Friday, October 27, 2023

I knew this guy was out there


Mom replaced the trail cam and we're having fun with it. The old one started to smoke when Mom replaced the batteries and she worried it might catch fire and burn down our trees, so she tossed it. The new one is better because it takes color pictures in daylight. I always go along and help retrieve the SD card because, hey - I'm a Labrador Retriever with champion bloodlines! I retrieve things!  

I've been telling Mom and Dad there are lots of deer in our woods at night. They do believe me. The only thing they say is I should use my inside voice late at night. 

Yeah, right. I have the biggest bark on the mountain and I'll use it when necessary. When this guy is traipsing around my backyard, it's necessary. 

I don't think I'm going to run after this buck. He's more the sort to stand his ground and that could be bad for little Deucie. I don't fancy being stuck by antlers. 

Hey, Dad! Is venison as good as beef? Why don't we check that out this year? We're not getting any younger, you know. 


Deuce's Day, venison, black Labrador Retriever, country living, white-tailed deer, buck deer, antlers, barking dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment