Friday, October 6, 2023

It was really noisy!


I like peace and quiet. I can hear lots of things rustling in the woods when it's quiet. I know when a squirrel gets too close to my den and when the deer are trying to sneak through the back yard. I'm Deuce. I hear everything.

But a few days ago, it got really noisy here. I didn't like this, but Mom and Dad acted like it was no big deal so I had to just put up with it. The tree-trimmer people were here and they made NOISE. 

I'm a little unclear why Mom and Dad thought it was okay to have them cut down a tree, make noise, make a mess, run a skid loader all over MY woods, and use this chipper thing to clean up the mess. I didn't like any of it, but hey. I'm the dog and they don't listen to me.

I stayed on the porch with Mom and Dad and watched until the chipping started. It hurt my ears so I ducked inside. I could still hear it but it wasn't as bad. When it was all over, I walked out with Mom and sniffed everything. 

You know what? It wasn't all that interesting to a dog. But Mom is right about one thing. The local squirrels are not going to be happy those trees are gone. 


Deuce's Day, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce, black Labrador Retriever, sporting dogs, hunting dogs, country dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment