Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Mom's muttering to herself again

Don't get me wrong. I like it when Mom talks to me, especially when she uses a lot of words I know. I get the gist of it and it's okay because I'm almost never in trouble when she talks to me. I'm Deuce. I'm a good dog. But Mom isn't talking - she's muttering.

Her favorite expression these days is something like "what the f*ck now!" She mutters that every time I bark to let her know a critter is in the yard, which is multiple times a day. Yesterday she even told me to shut up! I was surprised at that but I shouldn't have been. She was napping and if I'd have been paying proper attention I would have realized that. But a stray cat in MY yard? No way can I keep quiet about that! 

I suspect Mom will be muttering about all kinds of things. She's working in her garden space again. It's time to fill the buckets and growbags and it's hard work. If she does like she did last year, she won't start actually talking to me until the plants are growing. That's when she relaxes in the garden chair and I can have a lie-down beside her. Right now, I have to keep out of her way as I keep an eye on her. I'm moving around a lot. 

Being in Mom's garden with her will be pretty cool. We'll have lots of talks, but some of them might be a little sad. Dad sat in the garden with us last summer. We'll miss him doing that. 

Maybe it's okay if Mom mutters a little bit. 


Deuce's Day, black Labrador Retriever, dogs, country lifestyle, rural living, muttering, gardens, cats, life after loss, napping


No comments:

Post a Comment