Thursday, April 4, 2024

We're sad


My Dad isn't coming home. He couldn't stay with us any longer. He was just too sick and he had to go ahead of us. I'm doing my best to console Mom, but it's hard because I can't talk. All I can do is stick close to her side so she can touch me. That makes me feel good, too. 

It's really hard on Mom. Dogs understand more than people think, and we know that one day we'll be back together. I'll probably cross the bridge before Mom, which will be really, really hard but I can't help it. It's the way of things. 

Dad taught me and Mom a lot of stuff. We remember all of it, or at least I do. I guess Mom knows even more because she knew him for a long time before I was born. Dad was always kind to me. He gave me biscuits when I hadn't done a thing to earn one. I got them just for being me and that's a special kind of love. 

I'll miss Dad every day until I see him again, but I have an important job now. It's up to me to take care of Mom. I can do it because Dad taught me how. 

I'll never forget you, Daddy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment