Wednesday, May 1, 2024

I wish Mom would consult ME first

Sometimes Mom makes decisions without me. I wish she wouldn't do that. Yesterday, Cousin Dave called and asked if we could watch Sadie for a couple of hours, and of course, Mom said yes.

Did she ask me first? Nooooooooooooooooo.

I was having a perfectly fine day. The sun was shining, and Mom fed me some special food she made for me. It had ground beef, beef liver, greenie beanies, carrots, and sweet potatoes all mixed together and put on top of my crunchy kibble. I liked it. I was all set for a quiet day with Mom and then Sadie happened. 

We worry about Sadie. She's a little different. The good thing is she has learned not to bat her paws at my face. I told her enough times that I don't like it and she finally got the memo. 

Mom gave her one of MY biscuits, and Sadie zeroed in on the biscuit tin. She sat there for an hour - AN HOUR!- just staring at MY biscuit tin. It didn't do any good. Mom didn't give her more.

AND THEN! Then she walked between me and Mom when I was lying beside Mom's chair. Well, I growled and the little heathen jumped over me! I did not like that so I jumped up and turned around real quick and we had a few minutes of total chaos until I realized I had prevailed and we settled down again. 

Then Loki came upstairs from the den and Sadie rushed him. Ohhhh, boy. Loki didn't like that and he hissed and swatted at her. He didn't stick around for the fight. He went back downstairs. Then Sadie sat and stared through his cat port door. I could have told her that wouldn't do any good but she didn't ask me. 

Cousin Dave finally came home and retrieved Sadie. I guess it's a good thing we watch her while he's away. It's better than her being home alone and having a seizure when no one is there to help her. 

But Mom! Next time ask me first. Please?


Deuce's Day, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce, black Labrador Retriever, good dogs, country lifestyle, rural living, 

No comments:

Post a Comment