Saturday, May 4, 2024

The chicks won't see my scar

Last Thursday was a big day. I had to go back to the vet to get my staples removed. Let me back up and say I was not pleased.

Mom tricked me again. She asked me if I wanted to go for a ride. Of course, I did! I love, love, love to go for rides. We even went through some road work and I got to bark at the flagman! How cool was that? But then Mom pulled into the vet's parking lot. Not cool at all!

The last time I was at the vet, Mom abandoned me. She handed my leash to a stranger and walked away from me. Yeah, okay, she cried when she did it so I know she felt bad, but she did it. I was really scared she would do it again even though she promised she wouldn't unless there was no other choice. 

But Mom didn't seem upset at all. We took a seat in the waiting room and I eased back between Mom's knees to keep her safe. It made me feel better, too. And Mom bent over and wrapped her arms around me. I appreciated that. 

Then the vet tech called us to go into this little room and she got on the floor beside me. She had a pair of nippers and she took out the surgery staples. I barely felt a thing! Then Mom said, "C'mon. Let's go," and I fairly dragged her to the car. I was ready to go, let me tell you! 

We got home and Mom gave me an entire Pup Peroni stick so I know I was a good dog the whole time! 

After a while, I took a look at my scar and it's impressive! If I had a girlfriend, I'd show it off, but I don't have a girlfriend. I guess it'll be mine and Mom's secret, and that's okay. 


Deuce's Day, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce, black Labrador Retriever, dog surgery, dog scars, car rides, vet visits, country lifestyle, rural living, flagmen, work zones

No comments:

Post a Comment