Tuesday, July 16, 2024

It's MINE and I know it!


I'm a special boy! Mom has been making food for me for the last few months. We used to get The Farmer's Dog, but Mom said that got too expensive. I don't really know a lot about money because that's her department, but I guess $100 for two weeks worth of Deuce food must be too much.  Mom makes me a chicken dinner with real chicken thighs that only costs about a dollar a day. 

A few days ago, Mom left me ALONE at home while she went to Sam's Club. I did not like this. I never like it when I have to stay home alone, but I'm a good dog. I don't tear up the furniture or anything. I just go take a nap on the bed until she gets home. 

Mom came home with several big packs of chicken thighs, and she put them all in canning jars and processed them! And they are ALL FOR ME!!! The house smelled like chicken when she was canning all that. YUM!!! And there is broth, too! 

She said she'll open one jar at a time and make my chicken dinners. She could leave the veggies out and I'd be okay with that, but she said no. It's the best of both worlds. A little kibble to crunch and lots of chicken for protein. I can't wait until she does beef! 


Deuce's Day, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce, black Labrador Retriever, country dogs, homemade dog food, chicken dinner for dogs, rural living, a writer's life, country lifestyle, good dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment