Saturday, December 29, 2018

Run, Run, Rudolf!


I got two of the best Christmas presents ever! Dad got to come home after his surgery AND I caught Rudolf the Reindeer!  Well, Dad found him somewhere and Mom said I could have him but they told me I could pretend I caught a deer. I sort chewed his red nose off and then tore out his brains but Mom said it was alright. 

Aunt Doll was here when the stuffing started to come out. She played along with me. It was a lot of fun until Mom said Rudolf was officially "dead" and put him in the trash.

I'm really glad Dad is home. Mom and I missed him. Sure, I got to sleep on his side of the bed and I didn't have to move, but that was only really fun the first night. I don't like it when our pack isn't together. I gave him the cold shoulder at first so he'd know it was not okay he was gone but Mom reminded me it wasn't his fault. So I made up with him. 

Dad slept in his chair last night but at least he was here in the house with us. He has to wear this nasty looking hard plastic collar until his neck heals. It's a lot of extra work for Mom. She has to change the dressings on his incision and help him get dressed. I think she'll have to give him a bath the way she gives me a bath - climb in with him. I don't think she's going to like that. Mom and Dad never shower together. Mom likes to have the bathroom to herself. I think I'll watch because it should be interesting. 

Mom told me Christmas is over and New Year's Eve is just a few nights away. I remember New Year's Eve. People around here go crazy. They shoot shotguns and blow car horns and just make a lot of noise. People can be strange. 

But maybe the best part is Mom is going to bake a ham on New Year's Eve. I love ham! What a way to close out the year! I bet we'll have something with ham in it on New Year's Day, too. Mom's frugal that way. 

Just in case I don't have time to blog again this year, have a happy and safe New Year's. When you go out, remember some of your pack members are home waiting on you. They need you so don't be stupid, okay?  Be the whole pack in 2019. That's the best way. 





No comments:

Post a Comment