Thursday, August 22, 2019

I rolled in it and Dad was not happy

I'm a country dog. I think we established that a while back. I live a really good life. Mom and Dad take great care of me. I even get puppy burgers. I looove puppy burgers! What was I saying?

Oh yeah. Living in the country is fun. I get to chase deer and crows all the time. I've seen foxes, coons, groundhogs, turkeys, snakes, and even skunks. Skunks are not a good thing.

All the critters have interesting smells, and sometimes I can't help but be a dog's dog. Dad and I went for a walk yesterday and I smelled something on the ground - so I rolled on it. 

Big mistake. 

Apparently, it did not leave me smelling like a rose.

Dad was not pleased. He called Mom (she was at work) and she told him to scrub me down with dish detergent, the antibacterial kind. So he did. Man, was the water he dumped on me cold! And he made me stay outside for a long time before he threw water on me, too. 

By the time Mom got home, I was dry again. She checked me out and I'm so glad to report I passed her sniff test. If I hadn't, she was going to get the hose out and squirt me with more soap and cold water! 

I'm Deuce. I'm a smart dog. I hope I remember WHY it's bad to roll in things that smell good. Cold water. That's why. 




No comments:

Post a Comment