Friday, November 27, 2020

A long walk but Mom wasn't lost


Yesterday was Thanksgiving Day. The turkey was wonderful! And the giblets were to die for! I wish Mom would give me all the giblets, but nooooo. She doles them out like they're precious or something. Why does she do that? 

We had a Zoom call with Dad's siblings and I forgot to use my inside voice. Yeah, I barked. In my defense, they sounded kind of strange with their voices coming out of Dad's phone. Mom just petted me and said it was okay I forgot. She understands. 

Today is something Mom and Dad call Black Friday. Hey! I'm black! Is today about me? What? No? Go figure. 

Mom was home today so we decided to take a walk. It started out normal, but then Mom said she wanted to show me an old trail she used to walk all the time as a girl. I was ready to go! 

It's a pretty cool trail. It goes along the side of the big hill and up toward the top. There's another trail that comes in from the top of the hill, but Mom said we'd have to do that one when mushroom season is in. Mom knew where she was so I didn't worry. Then it happened. The trail Mom wanted to take to go home was closed. Mom said, "not a problem."

And it wasn't. We were so far up the hill we could our house so we really did know where we were. We knew if we followed the "new" trail it would intersect with an old homestead lane. Then there was another sign saying THAT section of the trail was closed. Who are these people who manage the state park woods? I peed on the post just because I could. 

Onward we went until we finally came out on the old lane about a mile deeper in the woods than we would have gone if they hadn't moved the trail. It was all good, except for the horse manure incident and I don't want to talk about that, or what happened to me when I got home. I'll just say some soap and water were involved, I'm sort of shiny again, and let it go at that. 

I had a really good time, and so did Mom, but it's good to get back home and relax. My paws are tired little puppies!







No comments:

Post a Comment