Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Meat for breakfast!


I must have been a very good dog! Mom got me a whole case of canned meat! It's all for me! And it's meat! Yum! Yumyumyumyum!

I wonder what I did to get this? I don't think it was because I knocked Mom down and got her hurt.  And it's probably not because I ask for tidbits from Mom and Dad's dinner plate. Hmmm. Maybe it's because I got tired of dry kibble and stopped eating. Mom always freaks out when I don't eat or drink, but sometimes a guy just isn't hungry.

Okay, I'm a Labrador Retriever and we, as a breed, have a reputation of eating everything in sight, but I've never been like that. Mom has never let me go without having food available, so I guess I don't have to worry about it the way some dogs do. I know how lucky I really am.

Mom says I'm supposed to get three cans a day, but she only gives me one for breakfast. That's because I have dry food in my dish in case I need more. Most days I just eat breakfast and have a few "good boy" snackies throughout the day and that's enough. But every couple of days I'll clean my plate - my breakfast comes on a paper plate - and then I'll finish off what's in my bowl. I think Mom and Dad trust me to eat what I need and stop. I like to stay svelte, you know. 

Mom put my meat on something called a subscription so it will be delivered by one of those sneaky blue vans that don't make any noise. I hate that! They can sneak up on me and I do not like it. But I guess if I get meat out of it, I'll learn to adjust. 

I'm Deuce and meat makes me a happy dog. Thanks, Mom!



Deuce's Day, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce, dogfood, picky eaters, country living, rural lifestyle, black Labrador Retriever, black Labs, black lives matter, good dogs, a writer's life, Purina One

No comments:

Post a Comment