Tuesday, November 8, 2022

What did I do?




Last night was not a good night. I don't know how it happened. I wanted out and now I forget who opened the door for me. What I do know is, my parents left me outside for two hours!! TWO HOURS! BY MYSELF!!!

Okay, so I'm a big boy and I can take care of myself. I don't wander off, not even down to see Cousin Dave and I really like him. 

I was outside for so long that it got dark and there are always strange noises after dark. Those spooky little owls were talking back and forth and I bet the discussion was about how to dive bomb me or some other nasty trick.  

It's a good thing I'm a smart dog. After a while, I got tired of waiting and I went around to Mom's office door and barked. THAT freaked her out because she'd forgotten me. Or maybe Dad forgot me. We don't remember. Anyway, she went looking for me and couldn't find me. 

Yeah, Mom. You misplaced little Deucie, didn't you? 

I really have to get over my dislike of going up the ramp to Mom's office door. If I'd been braver, I would have gotten her attention a lot sooner. That's how Loki does it and it always works for him. Even when Mom is busy writing, like last night, she'll see him and open her door. 

I guess I have to give the parents a pass. That's the first time ever I've been outside on my own for more than however long it takes for me to pee-pee. And one of them is always at the door watching to let me back in right away. 

I suppose I can't use the word "always" any longer, huh? 

If there's one thing I'm certain of it's that Mom will keep a closer eye on me and Dad from now on, and that might not be as good a thing as it sounds. We won't get away with anything.



Deuce's Day, black Labrador Retriever, a country dog, a writer's life, puppy parents, rural lifestyle, screech owls, forgotten dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment