Sunday, August 6, 2017

Let's talk

It's time for me to have a serious conversation with Mom and Dad. 

Yesterday was Dad's family reunion. I had to spend a couple of hours in my crate. Ok, I get it. They worry I'll get bored and do something they won't like to entertain myself. It could happen even though I'm pretty much all grown up now. I know a lot of things and I know chewing up the throw pillows and digging in the trash can are big no-nos. 

I don't like it when Mom and Dad go away without me. Sure it hurts when my people don't include me, but I understand. Sometimes they just have to go take care of business. 

They said they were going to a family reunion. So how come Mom came home smelling of hound dog??????  I did not like this. 

And I get it that Dad wanted to spend some time with Uncles Bob and Jim playing poker and losing money. (He could have bought a whole big bag of Grillers with that money!) Mom says it's bonding time and I get bonding time is important.  So how come Dad came home at one o'clock in the morning smelling of two different mixed breeds????  Did he think I wasn't going to notice???? 

There had better be some good compensation for this. 

My feelings are a little hurt. Mom has apologized to me. She said if she'd known dogs were allowed, I could have gone along. Dad is still sleeping and I'm going to ignore him until he apologizes, too. 

I'm a good dog. I don't pee on human things. I don't bark much. I don't, nor have I ever, snatched people food off the table. I listen to what Mom tells me. I'm polite and well-behaved when Mom says the situation calls for it.

I'm Deuce, and I'm family, too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment