Sunday, July 30, 2017

Walking is good!

The rain is gone! I'm so happy that first thing this morning I could go outside and not get wet! I know I'm a Labrador Retriever and we like water, but rain is not water. Rain is rain. It falls from the sky. Water is in the creek. That's the fun stuff!

Mom was happy the rain was past, too. I knew when she got her straw hat, the one she sprays bug repellant on, we were going for a walk. I love to go for walks with Mom!

We live out in the country so we have lots of places to go where we don't see cars. Mom knows all the best roads and paths, and where the best spots in the creeks are. We were out for almost an hour and didn't see a car or a person until we got back to our road. I didn't have to go on the leash once and I think that's a good thing. Being more mature is starting to pay off with extra privileges. 

Mom took a video to show Dad how I keep an eye on her when we're out alone. I always look back to make sure Mom is where she's supposed to be. And when I go to her and sit, I get a treat! 

When we got back, Cousin Dave had Bella with him. I think I scared her because I got all excited and wanted to play. I ran around and around and she wouldn't join me. Maybe some day. She's younger than me, you know. 

I was pretty tuckered when I got home. I stretched out on the floor beside Dad's recliner and took a quick nap. I did earn it, after all. 

I'm Deuce. Helping Mom get all her steps in for the day is what I do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment