Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The end of the free range puppy

It happened just like Mom and Dad said it would. They installed railing on two sides of the sunroom porch. I'm staring at the deer through bars. It's the end of the free range me. 

Mom's rolling her eyes at me. She says it's not that bad but she's tall enough to look over the bars...er...railing. Does this look like my happy face? 

I guess having railing isn't all that bad. I can still see the deer but they can't see me. Or maybe they can but since I'm behind bars they're not scared of me. They forget I'm descended from wolves. 

It could be worse. Mom and Dad could put railing up on the center section of the deck. Maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas. That section is only a couple of inches off the ground. I'd have to be really careless to slide off that part. And the part of the deck at the front door is only about a foot or so high. I jump on and off there all the time. Watch out for the rose bushes, though. They're sort of thorny, if you know what I mean.

Mom says that by Saturday morning I'll be used to the railing. She says she'll take a treat jar outside for me while she has her coffee. We'll just see about that. 

I'm Deuce. I know a bribe when I hear one. 







No comments:

Post a Comment