Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Dogs know about freedom, too

And I thought it was noisy on New Year's Eve! Boy, was I wrong. Saturday night was the worst! 

So humans here have this thing called the Fourth of July. Independence Day.  It happens every year but I'm not sure I remember anything about it from last year. Of course, I was just a little guy then.

Mom was going to buy me a special collar for what she calls "the holiday weekend." It would have been okay with me. Maybe next year.  

Anyway, this Independence Day is a Big Deal where I live. The neighbors light up firecrackers and have parties with bonfires. The dragstrip has fireworks that are really loud. They echo off the mountain but that's better than the firecrackers that make annoying popping sounds. 

I wanted to run and go see what was going on but Mom and Dad said I had to stay in the yard. They're both happy I'm not scared when I hear a loud BOOM. What's to be scared about? It's only a noise. Noises are to be investigated.

Mom says it's important to remember a lot of people fought hard to make sure we can live free. Mom told me those people had dogs who worked hard to protect the homesteads and the livestock. She says if we weren't free, there's a chance we couldn't be together. That would make me sad.

Freedom is a fine thing. We all need to be diligent and protect it so we can all live together. Be the pack. That's the best way.






No comments:

Post a Comment