Sunday, December 17, 2017

I wish I had thumbs

Mom and Dad have been uber busy since Thanksgiving. Especially Mom. She looks after Dad and me, and now she has to look after her stepfather and his house. The other night she fell asleep at seven o'clock. I wasn't ready for bed but I went with her because protecting her is my job. 

She's been sorting through Grandma's things. It started out because of a plumbing leak at Grandma's house. She had to move a lot of plastic storage containers so she decided to just "handle it right now and be done." I'm not sure what that means but it took a lot of hours and Mom took a lot of clothes and fabric somewhere. I went along to help once, but I think I just got in the way. I wanted to help but I don't have thumbs. I can't hold open trash bags or carry them for her. I don't think that's fair. 

The funny thing is, Mom loves my paws. She's all the time saying, "look at your feet!" when I come back from being outside. I can tell she's not angry so that must mean she loves them. 

I remember when I was really, really little she always played with my toes. Come to think of it, the first thing my vet said to me was "look at the paws on that one!"

So I guess I have really good paws even though I can't help Mom carry stuff. But I'm thinking having thumbs would be pretty cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment