Sunday, December 31, 2017

It's New Year's Eve and I'm quivering already!


Today is something called New Year's Eve. I remember last year when this happened. It was really difficult to get a good night's sleep. People around here went crazy! Shooting shotguns and firecrackers and blowing car horns. 

It was bad enough Mom and Dad stayed up so late. I'm used to being in bed with Mom around ten o'clock for her reading time. This staying up past midnight makes me yawn. It sounds like it's going to happen again tonight.

But there's really good news, too! I saw Mom put two steaks in the fridge. I love steak! I love steak almost as much as giblets! I get steak four times a year! 

All I need to do is cozy up to the dining room table between Mom and Dad, sit like the good dog I am, and wait for the steak! And if I sit up and be "handsome," I'll get even more. Mom calls me a beggar when I do that but I think she secretly likes it because it always makes her laugh. 

And then tomorrow we're having pork! 

I love New Year's! I'm quivering already! 

I just hope I don't start to drool before the food is on the table. 




No comments:

Post a Comment