Saturday, December 9, 2017

I'm a lucky dog

I'm a really lucky dog. Mom and Dad wanted me before they even met me. Mom says the way things fell into place for them to find me means we were meant to be together. 

I have a crate I only sleep in when I want to, although sometimes when company comes I have to go inside and wait until everyone is sitting down to greet them. That's difficult. I don't have a lot of patience, but I'm Deuce! I can do it. Mom fusses about my crate. Well, it's all my stuff on top of it that bugs her, but I NEED my stuff. 

Dad's a little different. Dad doesn't fuss about much. In fact, he spoils me worse than Mom does. Dad lets drink from his water bottle, which makes Mom cringe. 

I don't get it. I give Mom kisses. What's the difference? 

Dad and I are home all day while Mom works so we get out a lot. His chair can go four miles per hour but I'm still a lot faster. We go in and out the lane a couple times a day, even when it rains. We love getting outside in the fresh air. We play Frisbee and ball a lot, but not in the rain. 

Mom keeps my treats in sealable jars on the kitchen island. Dad keeps a stash for me in the stand beside his chair. I can hear the drawer handle jiggle from anywhere in the house. 

I love riding in Dad's new pickup and he takes me with him almost everywhere he goes. Except when he has to go to a doctor. I have to stay home but I don't have to stay in my crate. I can sleep on the couch when he's gone. Mom put a special quilted cover down for me. Mom says I'm a money pit but I'm worth it. 

I saw on television that this is the time of year to be grateful for things called blessings. I think that means to be aware of the people who love me. Mom and Dad love me a lot. I'm a very lucky dog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment