Sunday, October 7, 2018

Sleeping in the sun

Today is Sunday and sometimes Sundays are all about having a day of rest. Mom does all this stuff for me and Dad and every so often, she gets cranky. When that happens, it's time to not pester her for anything. Today was kinda one of those days. We did a few things but then Mom put her foot down. She'd had enough and she was going to do what SHE wanted and you'd better not argue with her. 

Mom says a day of rest is important for everyone, and we have to remember that "rest" means different things to different people, as does "work." Mom and me going for a walk isn't work. It makes us feel good so isn't that resting from our labors? And if Mom fixes something around the house that's been bugging her, and it makes her feel good, is that work? I'm a smart dog but I don't know the answer to that one. 

All I know is when Mom and Dad settled in to watch the NASCAR race, there was a sunny patch on the floor just my size. It felt really good on my back and I snoozed for a long time. 

Watching Mom and Dad isn't work as far as I'm concerned. No one makes me do it. It wouldn't feel right to me if I didn't. It's what a good dog does for the humans in his pack. 

But I'm really glad Mom decided to take a time of rest today. Otherwise, I might have missed that perfect patch of sunshine. 


13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do. -Deuteronomy 5:13-14


No comments:

Post a Comment