Saturday, March 9, 2019

Everyone needs a lazy afternoon

Today was Saturday. I love Saturday! Mom is home with me and Dad, and she takes me outside a lot. It didn't rain or snow today, but the ground is still wet and cold. My paws are pretty tough but I don't like cold too much. 

I was really lazy today. So was Mom. She got up early to go deposit a check. What's the Fed? Mom said the Fed was kind enough to give her some of her money back but the way she said it makes me think she meant something else. What are income taxes? I bet I'd get more Grillers if these Fed dudes didn't take some of Mom's money from her. Anyway, Mom went to the bank but she made me stay home with Dad. 

When she got home, we went out for a bit, but like I said, the ground was wet. We didn't stay out long. Mom did some laundry and worked on a story. She said she figured out what was wrong with it and now she could move it forward. 

Mom keeps an old sheet on the couch for me. She takes it outside almost every day and shakes my fur off it. I hit the sofa for a snooze while she was busy, and don't you know it - Dad took a picture and sent it to Mom. Okay, so my tongue was sticking out a little bit. It's only my tongue. I show my tongue all the time but for some reason, doing it in my sleep makes it funny. 

I'll tell you what's funny. Humans are funny, as in weird and strange funny.

Let me tell you what woke me up. Mom said if we went to Sonic, she'd buy.  That's all I had to hear. Even in my sleep "Sonic" gets through to me. I KNOW that word.

I love Sonic! I got a puppy burger! It was soooooo good! 

Now we're lazing in Mom's office for a while until Mom is done working for the day and it's time for bed. 

I'm Deuce, and it was a great day to be me!




No comments:

Post a Comment