Sunday, March 31, 2019

I can't fly

Yesterday was a super nice spring day. Me, Mom and Dad were outside for a long time. Mom and Dad were busy with the mower and the John Deere tractor. Well, Mom was sort of busy. Dad was watching and "giving her pointers" on how to drive them. I'm not sure that's a productive use of his time because Mom ignores him a lot. 

I got yelled at once for being in the way. Then I was more careful. When Mom yells at me outside, I pay attention. I was paying attention when Mom sneaked off and walked down to chat with Cousin Dave without me, too. I did not like that but apparently what I don't like doesn't matter sometimes. 

We were almost finished and were sitting over at the shed, you know, chewing the fat as Dad says. It wasn't real fat, though. I've chewed real fat and it is delicious! I love real fat! What was I saying?

Oh yeah. We were sitting over at the shed. Dad was in his chair and Mom was sitting on the loader. A little gust of wind came along and the umbrella on the sunroom porch sailed over the house! I was too surprised to even bark! All Mom said was she didn't hear any glass break. She went and checked it out while I stayed with Dad. The metal parts of the umbrella were all twisted and bent. Mom said it can't be fixed and she'll have to get a new one. 

I hope she means that. I like our little porch. It's our space, me and Mom's. We have good times out there in the evenings and on Saturday and Sunday mornings. 

I'm Deuce, and I know even pack members need their own space. And shade. Don't forget to get a new umbrella, Mom!




No comments:

Post a Comment