Saturday, August 26, 2023

It's too hot to play ball

This summer has been a scorcher! I'm getting by, but only because Dad takes me down to the creek every day so I can get my belly wet. And I'm not supposed to talk about Pinkie, but when Pinkie hits the water, I REALLY cool off. 

It's even been too hot to go for long walks since some of the smaller creeks are dry during the summer. Mom doesn't like it if I can't wade in, cool my paws, and get a drink. I don't like it, either. It's no wonder the deer come our way in the summer. We have water for them. 

Dad knows that even though it's hot, I like to play with him a little. I won't chase the ball too many times, but I'll give him a chance to make a couple of throws. 

Mom was over in the garden the other day and took a quick video of me chasing the ball and taking it back to Dad.

See how shiny my black fur is! I'm Deuce, and I'm looking good! 




 Deuce's Day, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce, black Labrador Retriever, Labs, country dogs, dog walking, rural living, country lifestyle, a writer's life, dog with a blog, balls, dog videos

No comments:

Post a Comment