Friday, August 4, 2023

Porch time!


Mom and Dad decided it was a cool enough day that they'd sit on the front porch for a little while. Right away I followed Mom out the door and took up a guard position.  I like to keep an eye on the driveway in case UPS shows up with my Farmer's Dog shipment. Even when watching, I keep my ears back to listen to Mom. I'm smart that way.

Being a good dog, I waited patiently for Dad to join us. I thought about getting myself a bumble bee, but Mom told me no, so I didn't. It was a close-run thing because they were all over the roses! If one of them would have divebombed me, all bets would have been off!  

My parents haven't been on the front porch too much this summer and I'm glad. It gets really hot out there during the day and waaaaay too buggy in the evening. But today was almost perfect.

Mom and I chatted for a bit, and then she told me to go check on Dad. I was going to run around the house to the back door, but I quick found out I could look through the storm door. 

Yep. There he was. He was just then going out the back door.

Mom said I was a handsome boy and she took a picture. 

Gee, Mom. I though you knew I was a good-looking fellow a long time ago. 

Anyway, we had a nice bit of porch time before Dad said he had things to do. Mom told me we could blog, but I told her to go ahead without me because I needed a nap. 


Deuce's Day, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce, black Labrador Retriever, country living, a dog's life, bumble bees, guard dogs, good dogs, Farmer's Dog dogfood, a writer's life

No comments:

Post a Comment