Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Meeting the Uncle

I got to meet Mom's Uncle Dick last night. Mom said we were going for a ride and I didn't like the sound of that. "Rides" end up at the vet's office and I say NO to the vet and his sharp needles. 

Then Mom let me ride in her car! In her car! Not the truck, but in her car! I was so excited I almost peed but I caught myself in time. If I have an oops in her car, I'll never get to ride in it again. 

Uncle Dick only lives about a mile away. Mom says this coming summer we can walk down. That sounds like fun, too. Anyway, we got to Uncle Dick's in no time at all. 

Uncle Dick looks pretty stern, and his voice is sorta gruff, but I knew right away he's a real softie inside. He picked me up and held me on his lap while he and Mom talked about my grandma. Something is going on there. They were both sad. I need more intel to figure it out. 

We didn't stay long. I got to walk around Uncle Dick's yard for a bit. I left him a little present and I don't know why Mom thought that was funny. I really had to go! Then Mom drove us home. I was pretty tired so I took a nap before bedtime, then we went to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment