Sunday, May 13, 2018

It's been quiet lately

There hasn't been much going on in my world except for the rabbit under the front porch. I know it's there. I've seen it. It's a wily thing. I'd play with it but it won't come out when I'm in the yard. To be fair, I'm about ten times its size so I guess it is scared of me. 

Mom and Dad are working on putting down new flooring in the bathroom. I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW FLOOR. Mom tells me it's the same material as the old floor but it looks way different to me. Last night, after we went to bed, Mom threatened to get rubber booties and make me wear them. I didn't like the sound of that. She sounded pretty serious about it. 

Mom said the vet sent her a postcard about me. I don't like the sound of that, either. Mom said I was going to get needles again so I'd better prepare myself. Has it been a year already? 

Spring is really here. The grass turned green. Mom sprinkled grass seed on all the spots I tore up last year playing Frisbee. Now I know why Dad always throws the Frisbee up the hill in the backyard. I can't slide going uphill. Parents are tricky. 

The deer look nasty right now. Mom says the word is "scraggly." They're shedding their winter coats. Hey! So am I!! You should see Mom's face when she empties the vacuum cleaner! She says she sucks up a Lab every time. Mom loves my shiny black fur. 

I've got to strike a pose. Mom's coming at me with her cell phone and that means pictures of little 'ol me and I'm not even out of bed yet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment