Sunday, May 7, 2023

Busy, busy, busy! I'm tired!


Mom and Dad have been uber busy which means I've been uber, uber busy! Do you know how difficult it is to keep an eye on BOTH of them when they won't stay in the same spot??? It's HARD!!! There's only one of little Deucie. I need a clone! 

A clone, Mom, not another puppy. You hear me, right? 

Dad's been busy working on the old Husqvarna mower and the old log splitter.  He was making progress on both, but then moved his shoulder in a way it's not supposed to move and it hurt! He had to take it easy for a few days, which was okay since it rained. Rain means both my parents are inside and easy to keep track of. 

Here's a picture of me watching Mom when she was on the tractor. We need a doggie sidecar. 

Mom's been working on her garden, using the weed whacker thingee (too noisy for me!), and mowing the grass. She could be anywhere at any time and that makes it tough to keep up with her when I'm trying to watch Dad. Yesterday was a perfect example. 

Dad was working on the old mower so he was only rolling in and out of the shed. Easy peasy. But Mom? What's a watchdog to do? Mom was on the X370 mower, on the John Deere 1023, making and mixing her soil mixture for grow bags, in the greenhouse, over to the patio, to the fire ring, back on the tractor, back on the X370, in her office, in the garden, back to her office, back on the tractor, and FINALLY she fed poor little me! 

You know, Mom. It wasn't fair to give me dog food, even if it is The Farmer's Dog, and then fix Stromboli for you and Dad. My belly was already full when the people food came out of the oven. I know you tricked me and I won't forget it. 

I sure hope things slow down around here soon. I've only had one decent car ride in a month. This is unacceptable. I keep trying to tell them it's time to go, and they do listen, but do they go get the car keys? Noooooooo. 

I don't know what the plans are for today. Mom's at the computer blogging for me but after that, she hasn't given me any clues. Maybe after yesterday, she'll take a rest. She does that on any given Sunday. We'll have to wait and see. Whatever she does, if she and Dad stay together in the same spot, I'll have an easier day. 



Deuce's Day, black Labrador Retriever, country dogs, rural living, John Deere X370, John Deere 1023, gardening, mowing, Husqvarna, log splitter, The Farmer's Dog, a writer's life, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce, Labrador dogs, 

No comments:

Post a Comment