Friday, April 15, 2016

In my house? Seriously?

I had a rough night last night. I was all snuggled down with Mom when I heard a strange noise. Now, I'm just a little guy but I know when it's time to bark, and it was time. Only thing is, I scared Mom. 

Mom doesn't react well when she's sleeping and I bark in her ear. I'll do my best not to do that again.

Anyway, Mom jumped up. Dad jumped up. All the lights came on. I would have run for my crate but I don't do so well jumping off the bed yet. I land on my nose and it hurts. 

Once the lights were on we saw what had happened. That skanky cat had caught a mouse - in the house! Mom and Dad took it away from him but they made all over him and told him he was a good cat. Mom says that since we live in the country, a cat is good to have in the house. 

I disagree, but somehow I don't think my opinion of the cat matters much. 

After a few minutes, and a quick trip outside so I could pee, we all went back to sleep. Well, except the cat. I don't know what he did but he didn't sleep with us. Mom said he probably went back to wherever he found the mouse to see if any more sneaked in.  

More? In my house? Seriously? Maybe a cat is a good thing, after all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment