Sunday, January 14, 2018

Happy 2nd Birthday to me!

Mom says today is my birthday! I'm TWO! I can't read the calendar but I'm sure Mom is correct. She has my birth certificate and keeps track everything in a notebook. 

Two doesn't feel any different from one and a bunch of days. But then there was breakfast.

I love breakfast on my birthday! Pancakes! Bacon! Eggs! Sausage! Dad fixed us what he called a "farmhouse" breakfast because it was my birthday. (Mom said good - she won't have to cook today.) Anyway, I had a whole pancake with butter, two pieces of crispy bacon, a sausage link, and a whole egg! I love breakfast! Breakfast is the best! 

Mom says I can't have anything but dog food for at least a week now. I'd rather celebrate my birthday EVERY day! I hate to admit it, but I guess Mom is right. It's okay to splurge on my birthday but then I have to be mindful I get the right protein for a dog. 

Mom says it's too cold outside to take me for a long walk so she and Dad plan to play ball and Frisbee a lot today. That's a good birthday present, too. I'll chase the ball until my paws get cold. And speaking of paws, mine is much, much better. It doesn't seem to hurt at all now and I've been doing some running on it. 

Being two means I really am all grown up. I'm who I'm always going to be now. Mom says I'm independent, loving, energetic, friendly, a good observer, entertaining, obedient, and intelligent. That's a lot of words to describe little ol' me. I can sum it up in two words. 

I'm Deuce! 




No comments:

Post a Comment