Saturday, January 7, 2017

Slip-sliding is bad

It's time to face the music. I'm not as young as I used to be. I used to bounce when I landed on my butt. Not any longer...

That's me hiding under Mom's desk. Well, I'm half under it. Mom gave me a baby aspirin a little bit ago and now I feel soooo much better. 

We went outside to play ball - I love balls! - and I must have slipped on the snow. My right hind leg hurts. Mom and Dad felt it all over from my spine to my toes. It feels good when Mom massages my toes. She ran her hands over all my joints, even my tail. Nothing hurt until she got to the really meaty muscle in my haunch that gives me all the thrust for speed. Then I started to shake and I put my mouth on Mom's hand. That's how Mom knew she'd hit the spot that hurts.

I didn't bite.  I know better than to ever bite Mom and Mom knows not to jerk away and scrape her fingers on my teeth.

I don't remember what I did to maybe pull a muscle. I was running and playing on the snowy ground so it must have happened when I jumped and came down kinda hard. Mom and I came inside and when I tried to sit, it hurt. So Mom said I could lie on the loveseat with her for a little while and maybe I'd feel better. That's when Mom gave me the baby aspirin. 

It worked and I decided to go back to the office with Mom. I sure hope I can get off the floor on my own when it's time for bed. I'm almost one year old. It'll be embarrassing if Mom has to help me get up like I'm a little guy.  I'll never live it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment