Sunday, January 15, 2017

Happy 1st Birthday to me!

Yesterday was my first birthday, and Mom and Dad spoiled me all day long. It was kinda difficult to do, too, because the weather was nasty. It was cold and icy, with sleet coming down. We didn't get to go to town. 

Since it was too wet to go outside and play, I took my spot on Mom's bed. From my spot, I can watch out the window. There wasn't much to see because of the sleet, but I was nice and comfy and my paws stayed dry. 

Mom and Dad said we needed a birthday cake. I'm not sure what that is, but I know what pancakes are. I love, love, love pancakes! And since it was my birthday, I got more than a single bite. I got a whole pancake! With butter! And I got to lick the plates for a change. So that was my birthday cake. I liked it.

Mom and I did get to go outside later in the afternoon and play ball. That was fun. Mom got cold but I didn't mind it much. 

Then I got chicken for dinner. That was really good. Dad didn't like it much. I heard Mom tell him a little bit of spinach wouldn't hurt him, but he whined worse than me. 

It was nice to have Mom home with me and Dad for my first birthday. I got lots of treats, I napped in Mom's office with her while she worked on a story instead of helping me blog. I guess being one means understanding she sometimes has work to do. 

I got lots of food and treats - more than usual. But all-in-all, a birthday is kinda like any other day. Now I have to figure out how to behave like a dog and not a puppy. That might be tough, but I'm Deuce! I can do it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment