Sunday, September 25, 2016

I met a turtle and I liked it

I took Mom for a walk in the woods yesterday. I got in trouble and had to stay on the leash for a long time because I didn't listen to her, but that's another story. I finally redeemed myself and got to play in the creek. But the best part of the walk was the turtle! 

I think I might have seen a turtle when I was a really little guy. I'm not sure I remember but I think it hissed at me. Why would I remember that if it didn't happen? Anyway, I'm older - almost ten months - and I'll remember about turtles now. 

Mom saw the turtle before I did. I wanted Mom to unhook the leash and was having a temper tantrum...er...jumping around and almost stepped on the turtle. I really jumped when it moved! I barked at it and its head disappeared!

I tried and tried and tried to make it come back out but it didn't. Mom told me I could hurt it and I didn't want to do that. I just wanted to play. Mom said she thought it was a boy turtle because its bottom shell was curved inward. Having a shell sounds weird to me.

After we found the turtle, I calmed down and heeled properly, sat when Mom told me to, and even did three good stays in a row. By the time we got to the upper creek, Mom turned me loose and I got to play in the water.  

The turtle was gone when we came back, but that's ok. I was pretty tired from running through the woods. Mom told Dad we had a nice walk (even though I didn't behave at first). He gave me a Griller and I went into my crate and took a nap. I needed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment