Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Thirty Days of Deuce - Day 15 - Turkey pot pie is really good!


 Sometimes it's really good to be the dog. Like tonight. Mom had some turkey pot pie filling in the freezer, but didn't want to make a crust. So she heated the pot pie in a skillet, put biscuits on top, and put it in the oven to bake the biscuits. 

I watched her every step of the way. I heard Mom and Dad talking about turkey and, hey. I'm Deuce. I know all about turkey because I'm smart. That and my nose told me what Mom had in the skillet. 

Mom makes her turkey pot pie filling to be dog-friendly. I think it's just dog delicious. 

I know how to behave, too. While Mom and Dad ate, I sat still like the good boy I am and waited. And I waited. And I waited. And I waited. You'd think people could eat faster, but noooo. 

Finally, Mom held her plate down for me to finish. We know a lot of people really frown on letting a pup have people food, and a lot of people think it's terrible to let a dog lick a plate. 

In my pack, we share. My parents are careful I don't get too much (I'm still svelte!), and Mom says hot water and dishwasher pellets will kill any germs I have. 

I have germs??? Seriously???

After dinner, Mom snapped a picture of me going down for a nap. It woke me up for a bit, but then I did go to sleep while Mom wrote this blog for me. I think we're a good team!




No comments:

Post a Comment