Monday, January 27, 2020

Thirty Days of Deuce: Day 27 - Ride to the landfill - Yea!!

Mom and Dad came through! 

Every so often we have to load up the Silverado and make a run to the landfill. Today was the day, and I got to ride along!

I sit behind Mom in the pickup and she twisted around to take my picture. It's not very good but at least I don't have red or glowing eyeballs. 

Riding in the truck is pretty cool. I can lie down or sit up and watch out the windows. Mom scratches behind my ears a lot and talks to me. It's fun to sit and look out the windshield, too. When we get to the dump, Dad puts the window down so I can see all the other dogs. Apparently riding to the landfill is a big thing. Dogs can't get out of the trucks, though. We can only watch and sometimes bark back and forth with each other. I'm pretty good. I know if I got too loud, Dad would close the window so I keep quiet for the most part. 

After Mom tossed all the junk off, we went to McDonald's and I got a regular Egg McMuffin. I love, love, love Egg McMuffins! I can eat the whole thing! It's on my approved people food list. Eggs, ham, cheese, and bread. Mom breaks it up into small pieces and feeds it to me a bite at a time so I get to enjoy it.  

I hate to say this, but I'd enjoy it just as much if she'd just tossed me the whole thing. She means well.

After we got home, Mom took a shower and then they left me again. Can you believe that? Three days in row. They were only gone a really short time. Mom had some quick errand to run and I did need a nap after my excellent breakfast. I bet it will be summertime before I get another Egg McMuffin. Mom and Dad really dole out the best stuff. 

I guess things will get back to normal tomorrow. It'll be just me and Dad while Mom's at work. I'll be working, too, keeping an eye on Dad. That's my job.






No comments:

Post a Comment