Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Thirty Days of Deuce - Day 7 - Just me and Dad again

January 6, 2017
It's a Tuesday and Mom had to go back to work. Her schedule will go back to normal now. She says "more or less" normal and I think I know what's going on. Mom wants to be home with me and Dad all the time. I think she's planning something. 

It's really quiet when Mom is not home. Dad and I watch TV a lot, and he plays on his computer. It's too cold for him to be outside. He'll take me out a couple of times a day, but he won't stay out. I could stay out for a little while without him and sniff around the back yard, but it's no fun if he's not with me. 

Mom asked me if I remembered my very first snow. It was three years ago yesterday. We went out before the sun came up to play in it. Mom threw the Frisbee for me. I miss being able to play with the Frisbee, but it would damage my leg more so I can't. Mom lets me chew on one every now and again, though. 

We were talking about snow when we went to bed last night. When we walked down to get the mail yesterday, Cousin Dave told Mom the roads had been brined and she said it was okay, that she was taking the truck to work whether it snowed or not. 

I knew it! I'm not going to get a ride today. Bummer, dude.

***January 7th Note from Mom: It did indeed begin to snow between eleven and noon on January 7. Deuce's Dad reported they've been outside to see the snow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment